Meet Sign Up
BCC Sharks uses the NWSC-wide standard of weekly meet attendance declaration (meet sign-up) and volunteer job sign-up. This can be confusing to new swim families so please read these instructions carefully.
Meet Sign-Up (Meet Attendance Declaration)
Meet declaration (also known as meet sign-up) should be done on a weekly basis and should only take a few minutes of your time.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Families must declare each week that their swimmer(s) WILL participate in the upcoming meet. (In other words, you must sign up your swimmer for a meet in order for them to be able to swim in that meet.)
- Meets will be open for meet declarations on the Saturday before the meet in question at 7am, and all meet declarations are due by 11:59pm on the Monday before a meet. For example, for a Saturday meet, the meet declarations will open on the previous Saturday at 7am and close at 11:59pm Monday prior to the meet.
- If we do not have a meet attendance declaration for a swimmer by the Monday at midnight deadline, we will assume the swimmer will NOT be swimming in the meet.
- Late meet attendance declarations cannot be accepted.
How to Declare Meet Attendance for your Swimmer
- Log In. At the top of every page of the Sharks site, you will see, "Already a member? Login." Click on that link to be brought to the login page, and log into your SwimTopia account. (You should have set up a SwimTopia account for your family when you registered your swimmer. If you have not yet set up your SwimTopia account, or do not remember your login credentials, go here).
Meets Page. Navigate to the Meets page, where you will see a schedule of Sharks meets. The current week's meet will
have two green buttons next to it: one for Meet Entry and one for Job Signup.
Sign Up Your Swimmer for the Meet. Click on the green Meet Entry button and you will see your family's meet status. You may see a request for more volunteers in the yellow box. Scroll down below the yellow box and click
on the "Edit” button. (Note: If you’ve already declared your swimmer will be attending this meet, you can change his/her status by clicking the “Edit” button any time before the Monday at midnight deadline.)
Select Swimmer's Meet Attendance Status. Using the drop-down menu, select your swimmer's attendance status for the meet, either "Attending" or "Not attending." (Note: if you leave your swimmer's status as "Undeclared" we will assume your swimmer will NOT be swimming in that meet.)
Select Event(s) For Your Swimmer (if enabled). If you indicate that your swimmer is attending the meet, you will be presented with a list of events for which your swimmer is eligible. Select the event(s) you would like to request for your swimmer.
Select Swimmer's Relay Availability Status. Next, you will be prompted to indicate whether or not your swimmer will be available for relay events. Select appropriate status from the drop-down menu. If you indicate that your swimmer will be arriving late (after morning relays), or leaving early (before afternoon relays), a comment box will appear for you to leave an explanation.
Leave a Comment for the Coach (if enabled). In the comment box, if you like, enter any additional comments regarding the upcoming meet that you would like the coaches to know. Click Save to save your information.
- View Swimmer's Meet Attendance Status. Once you've clicked "Save" your family's status will be displayed. You will also be prompted again to select volunteer positions for the meet if you haven't already done so.
- Make any Necessary Changes to Swimmer's Meet Attendance Status. If you declared that your swimmer would be attending a meet and find you must change your swimmer's meet attendance status to NOT attending, do the following:
- If it is before the weekly Monday deadline, log into your SwimTopia account, and update your swimmer's meet attendance status for the meet by using the procedure above.
- If it is after the weekly Monday deadline, we ask that you immediately e-mail [email protected] to notify our coaching staff and the computer specialist so that they can make necessary adjustments.
- It is also recommended that you contact your swimmer's tent parent so they are aware of the absence as well.