2021 Practice Schedule
- They will attend two workouts that are 75 minutes long
- These workouts / practices will include instruction in the water as well as “Dry land” workouts for conditioning and team building. This is to help manage the number of kids in the pool as well as keep the kids warm since the water temp in May can be a bit chilly
- Your swimmer will be assigned two days (either M/W or T/Th) and these days are not interchangeable. Reminder--this is just for May. You may not choose your time nor day. Each session has a fixed headcount and has no room for additional swimmers. Please do not ask to have your schedule changed.
- Their third workout of the week will be on Friday evening and that will be fast and fun. Think relays, races, and games. These will only be 30 minutes long but important for speed and team building.
- After school practices start at 5:00pm - 8:00pm (May 1 - May 28th)
- Morning practices start at 8:00am. - 12:30pm (June 1st - Divisionals Meet)
- Evening practices will be available on a limited basis(24 swimmers only in each session) 5:30pm - 6:15pm and 6:30pm- 7:15pm
The BCC Sharks Swim Team has two swimming pools available for practice:
New Sharks Swimmers are required to attend a swim evaluation prior to the first practice. See calendar for those dates.
Previous Sharks Swimmers may attend one of the Swim Evaluations in order to be evaluated for a different practice group. If you do not attend an evaluation, you will be placed in a group by the coaches. Please show up on the first day to the practice group listed on your SwimTopia account. Groups will be posted the week prior to the first day of practice.
Inclement Weather Practice Cancellation Guidelines
Here are some guidelines Sharks coaches will use when determining whether or not to cancel practice:
- If there is thunder and/or lightning, practice definitely will be cancelled.
- Practice will not be cancelled due to rain alone; we will swim in the rain unless the amount of rain makes it difficult to see the swimmers in the pool.
The Sharks use Remind and Swimtopia to send practice cancellation alerts so be sure to follow us!