Fee Schedule and Refund Policy
2017 Registration Fees
Sharks registration fees for 2017 are as follows:
Swimmers age 12 and under (as of May 1, 2017):
1st Swimmer - $160
2nd Swimmer - $140
3rd Swimmer - $120
Swimmers age 13 and up (as of May 1, 2017): $120
Facility Fee for non-members - $50/swimmer
Late fee - $25/swimmer
The cost of the team swimsuit and other equipment (such as fins, goggles, swim caps, etc.) is NOT included in the registration fees. These items must be purchased separately.
Swim team registration fees are determined each swim season. For non-BCC club members there is an additional Facility Fee charged by Balcones Country Club. These registration fees are the team’s primary source of financial support.
Registration fees cover the following:
- Coaches’ salaries
- AAU swim insurance
- Pre-season swim evaluation
- Individual Sharks t-shirt
- Ribbons and awards
- Team photograph
- Individual trophy or medal
- Miscellaneous administrative expenses
- Divisional swim meet entry fee
Who Can Join The Team?
Swimmers must be 5 years of age by 5/1/2017. BCC Sharks is not a learn-to-swim program. The swimmer should already have some basic swimming skills before joining the team. Prior to the first day of practice, new swimmers will be evaluated on their swimming ability. Your swimmer must be able to swim 25 yards (one length of the pool) freestyle, unassisted. If your swimmer cannot, we will refund your registration fee less the $20 evaluation fee.
NO REFUNDS AFTER SUNDAY, MAY 21, 2017
Swim fee refund is available through Sunday, 4/30/17 with the following deductions:
- $20/swimmer is non-refundable (covers evaluation fee, insurance and other fixed costs that the team cannot recover).
- Late fee of $25/swimmer is non-refundable (applies to swimmers who registered after Tuesday, 4/18/17).
Refund is further reduced per swimmer as follows:
- If terminating Monday, 5/1/17 through Sunday, 5/7/17, refund reduced by $25.
- If terminating Monday, 5/8/17 through Sunday, 5/21/17, refund reduced by $50.
The registration fee is based on a sliding scale for families with multiple swimmers. The refund will be calculated based on the lowest registration fee paid by the family regardless of which swimmer dropped.
No refund will be given after
For Non-BCC Club Members
In the event that you terminate your involvement with the BCC Shark swim team by the May 21st deadline , you will be refunded the facility fee, prorated for the number of days from the start of the season (May 1, 2017) to your date of termination.